Date(s): October 7, 2023
Location: St. Mark Presbyterian Church, Rockville, Maryland,
Event URL: Link to website
Contact: Link to Email
The Nicol-Brown Amateur Invitational Solo Piping Competition was started in 1982 and the 2023 rendition of the event will see the fortieth time that the prestigious contest will be held, this year on October 9th at St. Mark Presbyterian Church in Rockville, Maryland.
The event, which sees 10 of the year's best amateur pipers from across North America, will as always feature three contests: Piobaireachd, MSR and 6/8 Marches.
Accepting their invitations are:
- Gillian Blaney, Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia
- Cameron Bonar, Surrey, British Columbia
- Tom Cangelosi, Arlington, Virginia
- Colin Forrest, Mission, British Columbia
- Malachi Johannsen, Modesto, California
- Kayleigh Johnstone, Aurora, Ontario
- Henry Paluch, Aurora, Ontario
- Will Shropshire, Durham, North Carolina
- Magnus Stone, Natick, Massachusetts
- Michael Trenor, Columbus, Ohio
Amy Garson, Nick Hudson and Jack Taylor will judge all of the events.
The day begins at 9:30 am with the 6/8 Marches and wraps up with the awards at 6:30 pm.