Grade 2 bands make it through to World’s final
Glasgow – August 11, 2007 – The Grade 2 bands that have qualified for the Grade 2 final at the 2007 World’s (in alphabetical order):
- Band Club Sydney (Australia) (heat 2)
- Buchan (Scotland) (heat 2)
- Cullybackey (Northern Ireland (heat 2)
- Dumfries & Galloway Constabulary (Scotland) (heat 1)
- Killeen (Northern Ireland) (heat 1)
- Lomond & Clyde (Scotland) (heat 2)
- Niagara Regional Police (Canada) (heat 1)
- Oran Mor (USA) (heat 2)
- Ravara (Northern Ireland) (heat 1)
- Seven Towers (Northern Ireland) (heat 1)
- Strathclyde Fire & Rescue (Scotland) (heat 2)
- Torphichen & Bathgate (Scotland)
These bands now go through to compete in a final at Glasgow Green, in which each band submits two March, Strathspey & Reel sets, and plays one. In the heats bands played an MSR of their own choice.
Judges for the two heats were Davey Clark, Annie Grant (piping); Sandy Steele (drumming); and Malcolm MacKenzie (ensemble) for Heat 1, and for Heat 2: Tony Sloan, John Wilson (piping); Alistair Dowling (drumming); and Alastair Aitken (ensemble).
Keep watching pipes|drums for further information and results from the World’s as they become available.
What do you think? We always want to hear from our readers, so please use our comment system to provide your thoughts!
Do you have competition results? Be sure to send them to pipes|drums. We can’t report what we don’t know about! Please remember to support the businesses that advertise and make the not-for-profit p|d possible.