Draw for Grade 1 World’s Qualifier made
Eighteen bands will compete for the remaining six spots in the 14-band final contests in the Grade 1 competition to decide the 2004 World Pipe Band Champion August 14 at Glasgow Green, Glasgow.
At the conclusion of the European Championships at Lisburn, Northern Ireland, on July 31, the following draw for the qualifier was announced:
1. Clan Gregor (Scotland)
2. Toronto Police (Canada)
3. Peel Regional Police (Canada)
4. David Urquhart Travel (Scotland)
5. Western Australia Police (Australia)
6. Vale of Atholl (Scotland)
7. Grampian Police (Scotland)
8. Alberta Caledonia (Canada)
9. Ravara (Northern Ireland)
10. Lothian & Borders Police (Scotland)
11. Ballycoan (Northern Ireland)
12. Bleary (Northern Ireland)
13. Dysart & Dundonald (Scotland)
14. 78th Highlanders (Halifax) (Canada)
15. Phoenix Honda-Glasgow Skye (Scotland)
16. Bucksburn & District (Scotland)
17. City of Washington (USA)
18. Glasgow Pipes & Drums (Scotland)
The MSR qualifying round is scheduled to start at 9 a.m., and six bands will join prequalifiers (in alphabetical order):
What do you think? We always want to hear from our readers, so please use our comment system to provide your thoughts!
Do you have news? Be sure to send your information to pipes|drums. We can’t report what we don’t know about! Please remember to support the businesses that advertise and make the not-for-profit p|d possible.