Order of play for World’s Final decided
The draw for the Grade 1 Final MSR and Medley events at the 2007 World’s have been made, and the order of play is:
- Boghall & Bathgate (Scotland)
- Robert Wiseman Dairies-Vale of Atholl (Scotland)
- Manawatu Scottish (New Zealand)
- St. Laurence O’Toole (Eire)
- Field Marshal Montgomery (Ulster)
- Simon Fraser University (Canada)
- Alberta Caledonia (Canada)
- ScottishPower (Scotland)
- Scottish Lion-78th Fraser Highlanders (Canada)
- Clan Gregor (Scotland)
- House of Edgar-Shotts & Dykehead (Scotland)
- Strathclyde Police (Scotland)
- LA Scots (USA)
- Australia Highlanders (Australia)
(Links are to bands’ analysis of their selections in pipes|drums’ “Masterful Medleys” series available to subscribers.)
Weather has been terrible all morning with constant rain and temperature around 14 degrees.
The draw is considered by most to have an impact on a band’s results; the later a band plays, and which bands play directly before and after, are often thought to have a bearing. Bands generally want a later draw.
“This should favour the Strathclyde Police and Shotts,” said one observer at the contest. “But Field Marshal and SFU playing side-by-side is good for them, and watch for Alberta getting a good result if they play well right after FM.”
Watch pipes|drums for Grade 1 results from the World’s as they are announced from the field.
What do you think? We always want to hear from our readers, so please use our comment system to provide your thoughts!
Do you have news? Be sure to send your information to pipes|drums. We can’t report what we don’t know about! Please remember to support the businesses that advertise and make the not-for-profit p|d possible.