We have a Pick the Six winner!
After more than 2,000 entries to the pipes|drums “Pick the Six” contest were tabulated (during the long flight home), once again not a single entry selected the exact order of the Grade 1 Final finish at the World Pipe Band Championship. In fact, only one submission got the first four prize-winners exactly right.
Congratulations to Jim McMillan of Inveraray, Scotland, who picked the first four correctly and then had only the fifth and sixth winners transposed!
For his uncanny powers of prognostication, Jim receives a prize package worth more than $1,100, including:
- John Walsh Bagpipes – A set of Retro Small Pipes in the key of A. Value: $495.
- Bruce Gandy Music – Bruce Gandy Music Collection, worth $20.
- BagpipeLessons.com – $100 gift certificate (not transferable) for anything at BagpipeLessons.com, including Tune Lesson Downloads, Webcam Lessons, In-Person Lessons, or CDs. Also can be used to download Pipe and Drum Scores at PipeBandTunes.com.
- Henderson Imports, Ltd. – $50 gift card to Henderson’s.
- Kinnaird Bagpipes & Reeds – a set of Kinnaird Carbon Fibre drone reeds, $150 value.
- Scott’s Highland Services – a Pipers’ Choice Backpack valued at $99.
- TyFry – A pair of TyFry 10th Anniversary Limited Edition baby blue mallets + TyFry Interactive Tenor Drumming Package. A total package worth about $200.
Jim also receives a pipes|drums t-shirt and a one-year subscription to pipes|drums. Jim’s already a subscriber, so we’ll extend his subscription another year.
Thanks again to our wonderful advertisers, to the more than 2,000 readers who entered, and congratulations again to Jim McMillan on his good fortune!