pipes|drums even better!
Based entirely on user feedback, several enhancements to pipes|drums have been implemented with an
aim to improve the overall experience for the visitor and make navigating the site easier.
Improvements just launched:
- “Remember me” option at the log-in stage. Subscribers (you do
subscribe, don’t you?!) and registered users will now stay logged-in when they scroll around the site.
When they return to the site after exiting, the system will automatically keep you logged in if you
selected the check-box.
- Readers can now see the Comments field with each article on the Home page, rather than having
to go in to the article itself to see if new Comments have been posted.
- Similarly, rather than the Comments field being art the bottom of the pages of each article, they
are now at the top. Again, this should make it so readers don’t have to scroll to the bottom to see if a
new Comment has been added.
- “Recent articles” – on the Home page we’ve added the two most recent articles for each section.
This is designed to allow readers to see what’s new if – heaven forbid – they haven’t checked in for a
day or so.
- We’ve made listings in our >Events section appear in chronological order, like they should have from the beginning. Be sure
to submit your events!
- Similar to Events, content in Dr. William Donaldson’s extremely popular www.pipesdrums.com/PreviousYearTunes.aspx?M=Music>Set Tunes Series now is now indexed in
alphabetical order. What a resource, eh?
An update on the uptake to the new pipes|drums
site: in just a few months we have more than 1500 registered users from all over the planet! Visits
range between 4,000 and 9,000 every day, making pipes|drums by a very wide and growing margin,
the world’s most visited piping and drumming publication.
And, according to our calculations, with a MemberProfile.aspx>subscription costing only CAD$9.99 a year, that equals less than 70 cents
an article after less than three months since launch! At that rate, subscription-only articles will
extrapolate to less than 10 cents each after a year’s worth of content!
And, by the way, pipes|drums is still and always will be not-for-profit. We’re not in it for the money
and, we’re also not trying to sell you a set of pipes, lessons, music books or anything besides providing
something people seem to enjoy and want.
Stay tuned for more updates, and please keep those suggestions coming!
What do you think? We always want to hear from our readers, so please use our comment
system to provide your thoughts!
Do you have news? Be sure to send your information to I>pipes|drums. We can’t report what we don’t know about! Please remember to support the
businesses that advertise and make the not-for-profit p|d possible.