Drinks line-up a cast of international drumming stars
The third annual “Drumming for Drinks” competition at the University of Strahclyde’s Lord Todd Bar on Wednesday, August 12th, will expand to include a veritable who’s-who of international drumming talent.
The event will crown one snare-, tenor- and bass-drummer “Lord/Lady of the Todd” while entertaining an audience thirsty for creativity.
“We have a fantastic international line-up of top drumming talent confirmed for this unique ‘anything goes’ event,” said organizer Scott Currie. “This year’s event promises to be a barnstormer.”
The events call for competitors to use their creativity and skill to create a unique and entertaining selection, using their musical instrument, and accompaniment from any other musicians and music they choose. There are no restrictions on attire.
Confirmed competitors in each category:
- Steve Foley, Los Angeles Scottish (USA)
- Christina Hanks, Oran Mor (USA)
- Nichole Holdbak, Dowco Triumph Street (Canada)
- Ryan Barr, 78th Fraser Highlanders (Canada)
- Richard Baughman, Los Angeles Scottish
- Graham Brown, Peel Regional Police (Canada)
- Aaron Carter, Peel Regional Police
- Grant Cassidy, House of Edgar-Shotts & Dykehead / NYPBoS (Scotland)
- Dougal McConnell, PipeBand Club (Australia)
- David Ross, Strathclyde Police / NYPBoS (Scotland)
- Andre Tessier, Dowco Triumph Street
- Matt Bellia, 78th Fraser Highlanders
- Mary Bruce, Dowco Triumph Street
- Neil Bruce, House of Edgar-Shotts & Dykehead Pipe Band / NYPBoS
- Andrew Elliott, Peel Regional Police
Tickets are priced at £10, with a limited number available at the door. The contest starts at 1 pm.
NO COMMENTS YET