Drumming virtuosos again lending talents to charity
Seven of the world’s top drummers, including three World Solo Champions, will offer their talents to charity when they take part in the second annual Charity Piping & Drumming Nite at the Royal Hotel in Cookstown, Northern Ireland. The evening will also include four of the world’s greatest solo pipers.
The concert will be held on Saturday, February 23, 2008, beginning at 6 pm. All proceeds from the event will go to the Fort Riding Centre for Disabled Children in Maghera.
On the program for the evening are
- Stephen Creighton – St. Laurence O’Toole, 2006 World Drum Corps Champions
- William Glenholmes – Cullybackey
- Jim Kilpatrick – 16-time winner of the World Solo Drumming Championship
- Steven McWhirter – 2006 World Solo Drumming Champion
- Gavin Noade – Field Marshal Montgomery
- Eric Ward – Strathclyde Police, 2007 Scottish & European Drum Corps Champions
- Barry Wilson – 2007 World Solo Drumming Champion
- Chris Armstrong
- Andrew Carlisle
- Stuart Liddell
- Alan Tully
Also on the bill are top solo pipers:
Tickets are £10 each and available from organizer Gary Smyth at 0781-444-6179. The event was held for the first time in 2007, with proceeds then going to the Kilronan Special Needs School.
What do you think? We always want to hear from our readers, so please use our comments system to provide your thoughts!
Do you have news? Be sure to send your information to pipes|drums. We can’t report what we don’t know about! Please remember to support the businesses that advertise and make the not-for-profit p|d possible.