Five qualifying Grade 1 bands announced
Glasgow – August 11, 2007 – Results of the MSR qualifying competition to select five bands to go through to the 14-band final Grade 1 competitions (in alphabetical order):
- Alberta Caledonia (Canada)
- Australia Highlanders (Australia)
- Clan Gregor (Scotland)
- LA Scots (USA)
- Manawatu Scottish (New Zealand)
The event was judged by Iain MacLellan, Harry Stevenson (piping); Greg Dinsdale (drumming); and Bob Shepherd (ensemble).
Alberta and LA Scots played first and second, respectively, starting at 9 am. The Australia Highlanders competed last in the Qualifier at about 10:45. There’s heavy rain at Glasgow Green with the temperature hovering around 14 degrees.
These bands join the nine that have pre-qualified through the RSPBA’s league-table system of results from its 2007 majors, as well as non-UK bands that gained a prize at last year’s World’s.
- Boghall & Bathgate (Scotland)
- Field Marshal Montgomery (Ulster)
- House of Edgar-Shotts & Dykehead (Scotland)
- Robert Wiseman Dairies-Vale of Atholl (Scotland)
- Scottish Lion-78th Fraser Highlanders (Canada)
- ScottishPower (Scotland)
- Simon Fraser University (Canada)
- St. Laurence O’Toole (Eire)
- Strathclyde Police (Scotland)
- Ballinderry Bridge (Northern Ireland)
- Tayside Police (Scotland)
- Dysart & Dundonald (Scotland)
- Lothian & Borders Police (Scotland)
- Ballycoan (Northern Ireland)
- Windsor Police (Canada)
- 78th Highlanders (Halifax Citadel) (Canada)
- Bleary & District (Northern Ireland)
Stay tuned to pipes|drums for results from the 2007 World Pipe Band Championships as they become available.
The bands that failed to make it through the Qualifying round were (in alphabetical order):
Keep watching pipes|drums for further information and results from the World’s as they become available.
What do you think? We always want to hear from our readers, so please use our comment system to provide your thoughts!
Do you have competition results? Be sure to send them to pipes|drums. We can’t report what we don’t know about! Please remember to support the businesses that advertise and make the not-for-profit p|d possible.