Martin Duffy passes away
Martin Duffy, Bronx, New York, leading drummer with the Rory O’Moore Pipe Band of New York and former leading drummer with the Inis Fada Pipe Band, died on January 13 at his home, a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning. His nine year-old daughter, Hannah, was also killed, and his son, John, and his wife, Valerie, are in stable condition.
Martin Duffy was 37 years old. He had recently started teaching the New York Fire Department’s Emerald Society Pipes & Drums. Duffy also worked to raise funds for the Silver Shield Foundation, which raises money to educate the children of police and firefighters killed on duty.
A New York Fire Department spokesman said that investigators found a hole in the flue of the apartment building’s gas-fed boiler in the basement, which allowed noxious fumes to rise to the top floor.
On behalf of all pipers and drummers, we extend our condolences to Martin Duffy’s family and friends.
NO COMMENTS YET