Show us some skin to win!
- Tattoos should reflect your commitment to piping, pipe band drumming and/or a pipe band.
- You must be older than 18 to enter.
- As with sheepskin bags, bigger is not always better, so don’t worry if your work is small and discreet.
- Tattoos must be existing ink – nothing done after the announcement date of of specifically for this contest will be permitted.
- Entrants must provide at least two electronic images that show the tattoo from at least two angles with entrant holding his/her pipes/drum.
- By entering the contest, you permit pipes|drums to publish the images that you provide.
- Entries must be sent by e-mail, by clicking here.
- Be sure to state whether you are a piper or drummer.
- Closing date for entries: June 30, 2009.
- Stuart Robertson, Scotland – piper, composer, member of House of Edgar-Shotts & Dykehead Pipe Band.
- Johnny Rowe, Ontario – bass drummer, kit drummer, percussionist, member of the Scottish Lion-78th Fraser Highlanders Pipe Band.
On July 1, 2009, the three judges will assess all entries and determine two winners, a piper and a drummer who will receive fabulous “skin”-related prizes.
The winning piper gets a prize-package from Bannatyne Pipe Bags & Piping Supplies of Whitburn, Scotland, including a Bannatyne Zipper-Bag, a Bannatyne Canister Moisture Control System and Bannatyne Power-Tone Drone Reeds. Total suggested retail value of prize-pack is about $400.
The winning drummer will receive an assortment of prizes from Cameron’s Drumming Studio, including a selection of snare drum “skins,” a DT4 tuning metre and a copy of Alex Duthart’s Book 1. Total suggested retail value approximately $300.
Please note that pipes|drums has no particular stance on whether tattoos are good or bad, and we certainly do not encourage anyone to get a new tattoo. Again, to be eligible your tattoo(s) must be existing work, and you must be older than 18 to enter.
Once we determine the two winners, we’ll announce them along with images of their winning skin-art.
Good luck to all who show us some ink-stained piping/drumming skin!