Callum Beaumont, Linlithgow, Scotland; Finlay Johnston, Glasgow; Stuart Liddell, Inveraray, Scotland; Ian K. MacDonald, Ontario; and Iain Speirs, Edinburgh will be competing for the prize.
- Beaumont will play “Cumha Dubh Shomairle” (“Lament for Samuel” or “The Stewarts’ White Banner”).
- Johnston gets “Cumha an Aona Mhic” (“Lament for the Only Son”).
- Liddell’s playing “The Groat.”
- MacDonald has “Cill a Chriosda” (“Glengarry’s March”).
- Speirs will play “Colla mo Run” (“The Pipers Warning”).
In addition to the piping performances, a Gaelic singer will sing songs relevant to the tunes or the history pertaining to them, according to organizer Dr. Angus MacDonald.
Previously, the competition called for contestants to submit two settings of tunes from the MacDonald manuscript.
The contest will be judged by Colin MacLellan.