I founded BagpipeLessons.com with the hope to inspire everyone that it is possible to fulfill your dream to be a piper — regardless of your previous experience or where you live in the world.
The BagpipeLessons.com Shop has grown to include some of the best and most popular piping products in the world — all at great prices. We are the direct source for our exclusive products: The Tone Protector™, The Bagpipe Gauge, and The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker.
More Products from BagpipeLessons.com
The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker is a must-have if you want to have a world-class bagpipe sound. It will bring your reeds back to life and it will save you hundreds of dollars that you’d otherwise spend on new reeds
- One of the best-kept secrets of top pipers is the the specialized tool called a reed poker.
- Use the poker when your pipe chanter reed starts to get a little bit too easy, chirps, squeals, or starts to sound sharp and thin.
- As you play a new reed, it starts to break in, getting easier and more efficient. But the cane can get too soft — this is where the reed poker comes in.
- A small adjustment (we’re talking 1/1000ths of an inch) to the metal staple inside the reed can bring a reed back to life, extend the playable life of the reed, and give you a brighter, crisper, stronger, more stable sound.
- The only way to open up a reed from the inside is with a reed poker.
- It has a smooth point which allows you to precisely control just how much you want to open the reed.
- Easy-to-use. Totally intuitive.
- Simply insert the poker a bit further to open up the reed a little bit more.
- Other blunt, square-shaped pokers can get stuck or can damage the reed by twisting.
Here’s what one piper wrote about the The Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker:
Best. Reed. Poker. Yet… Out of about 20 reeds that were the “last to be picked”… it made four reeds I previously would have dismissed and turned them “very usable.” Two reeds that were “borderline”, were quickly turned into “quite good”. It’s already paid for itself.
Designed and built by Jori Chisholm, founder of BagpipeLessons.com and creator of the Bagpipe Gauge.
Includes one Piper’s Ultimate Reed Poker and storage case. No reed included.